Have you ever wondered why windows phones arent inexpensive as the android ones? The reason is that Microsoft imposes minimum hardware requirements that a phone should satisfy in order to run their phone OS. For their windows phone version Mango. The minimum hardware requirements are as follows
- A common set of hardware controls and buttons that include the Start, Search, and Back buttons.
- A large WVGA (800 x 480) format display capable of rendering most web content in full-page width and displaying movies in widescreen.
- Capacitive 4-point multi-touch screens for quick, simple control of the phone and its features.
- Support for data connectivity using cellular networks and Wi-Fi.
- 256 MB (or more) of RAM and 8 GB (or more) of flash storage.